Domaine Saint Roch
In an old forge of the 18th century "in its juice", but renovated in a sustainable and responsible way choose to stay in one of our cottages (22, 14, 6, 5) or in our bubble on water (for 2), an unusual accommodation.
The Domain has chosen the path of ecological engagement for more than 15 years, step by step our reflection goes a little further!
- Electricity production by Turbine Hydro-Electric,
- Heat production by wood-fired boiler,
- Lagoon for water treatment,
- Construction with the most natural materials possible,
We are particularly concerned about safeguarding biodiversity in our field:
- Nestboxes arranged in the 40ha of the Domain,
- Several km of high-value hedges planted,
- Late mowing,
- Work done with the Natagora ESM cell which helps us to identify animals, plants, insects on the estate (cfr Blog de Saint Roch) and to improve the ecological mesh of the Domain by clearing certain areas, planting hedges and orchards.
- Old variety high stem orchard
Labeled Wildlife Estate in January 2019 and we are in the process of being recognized for the Green Key Label.