The Organization of women "Quilla Pacari" ("The rising moon," in kichwa) welcomes you in its tourism House, a hostel located at the foot of the Chimborazo, at an altitude of 3200 m. The hostess called Lucy. Its simple and warm, welcome will make you spend a pleasant stay: she will be happy to make service at every opportunity. It's also who will prepare you delicious typical dishes peasants. She speaks kichwa and Spanish; the smile and gestures do the rest!
The House, recently built, offers a modern interior comfort:
• 3 dormitories with 6 seats each (bunk beds), equipped with cabinets locking
• 2 bathrooms with hot water
• 8 chozas (Andean traditional cottage) with bath private
(3 with double beds, 3 with 2 single beds, 2 with 1 double and 2 single beds)
• In the living room, friendly atmosphere around the fireplace, TV, satellite and DVD to perfect your Spanish, library and board games
• Telephone (local and national calls)
• Possibility to wash his laundry with views of the surrounding mountains
• Possibility to discover the products of the label Ahuana (jam, Quinoa pasta, community store)
Rates (per person) & contact • dorms: $ 12 per night with dinner and breakfast
• Chozas: $ 16 a night with dinner and breakfast
• Extra meal: $ 3
Quilla Pacari was created by the Ahuana association, which supports the initiatives economic, educational, environmental and cultural Andean indigenous communities of Calpi in Ecuador to improve the living conditions of these populations, limit the rural exodus and preserve the culture of the quichua people.